Trying to Ramp Up
So with the wedding (what wedding, you may be wondering), the move (a new house?) and actually being super busy, I keep going back and forth about whether or not to end this blog. The reason I started it is because I have a notoriously bad memory and I don't want to forget the important moments of my kids lives. I find whenever I sit down to type, my mind goes blank. The memories practically fly out of my ear, instead out of my fingers to type.
My kids do new and special things each day. In the month of October, Lily had her first field trip. She got to ride a bus to a local farm and do Fall-like things, like picking a pumpkin, going on a hayride, petting and feeding some animals. Colin and I got to join her and have a picnic lunch with her class. It was great for both kids!
We also had Halloween recently and it was a big success. Lily has all the important stuff down-pat. Colin was a tad more confused. He said to several people "More Candy" and then "Bye!" and that was about it. He wanted to eat each piece as he got it, which made him a tad confused on the purpose of the bucket.
Our new neighborhood is like Pleasantville in a good way. Friendly neighbors, cute houses, everyone has a nice front porch. TOTing here was really good this year, however when we got back to our house, we found that not only was all the candy we'd left on the front porch missing, so was the basket we put it in. Seriously odd.
Anyway, my goal for the next few weeks is to add more entries to this blog, maybe just a blurb or so or something cute Colin learned how to say (Yesterday it was "Mama, put shoe onnnn" but it comes out as one big long word. Or perhaps I will upload just one picture of what we actually did in October (or September for that matter!). We shall see!
4 Comments:
At Wed Nov 03, 03:51:00 PM 2010,
Anonymous said…
Mo' pie! Mo' pie!
You'd have to imagine Lisa quoting her Uncle Dan saying that to understand, but take it as a plea from this part of the country -- and think of your other far-flung relatives who, like me, faithfully check in every day or so to see if there's more on Lily Pie! Don't end it! Shorten the entries if you must, but don't deny us our pie!
Aunt Carol
At Wed Nov 03, 10:04:00 PM 2010,
rumour Miller said…
If you sit down and write daily, the words will start flow out of your fingertips!
Gorgeous dress! I want to see more photos.
ps: I've moved
www.the-rumour-mill.com
At Thu Nov 04, 12:14:00 AM 2010,
Rachel said…
So glad you posted...although it puts the pressure on a bit. So maybe we need a pact to work on blogging...and include Leslie in on that. Hopefuly she'll read these comments. Oh but I will need you to come and live with us to record our days on film--our camera got stolen. :(
At Fri Nov 05, 09:23:00 AM 2010,
CAGB said…
Lora,
I am so excited to see this. With my new blog, my old one has really fallen off. And each time I look at it, I feel sad. I need to get moving on it again. Great post. Your wedding looked amazing!
Post a Comment
<< Home