Goodbye, Grandpa
We lost my Grandpa yesterday morning at 6:30 am. It was less than a month since his wife had passed. He said at her funeral that God should've taken him too, so I'm hopeful that he's up there with her, surrounded by a lifetime of dogs, chickens and goats and the wife he loved so much for so long.
This whole death thing has really got me thinking, more than I'd ever wanted to, about dying. As much as I fear death itself, watching both of them go so peacefully was really comforting. Both got to go surrounded by family, having a few days to say their final wishes and goodbyes, and both got to just gently fade. It is all we could have hoped for them, as odd as that sounds. We are already missing them terribly, my mind is filled with funny stories, songs and pictures. I hope those never fade.
2 Comments:
At Mon Aug 16, 10:54:00 AM 2010,
Carrie said…
I'm so sorry, Lora. :( May your Grandpa's spirit be at peace and with the woman he loves. <3
~carrie
At Mon Aug 16, 09:11:00 PM 2010,
Mommy Toy said…
I'm sorry. Cherish your memories. They won't fade unless you let them. Hugs!
Post a Comment
<< Home