33 Week Appt
Today I had my 33 week OB appointment. I haven't really written much about my appointments because they're pretty uneventful. The doctor measures my tummy says "you're measuring right on track" (he never tells me how many centimeters), then he listens to about 5 heartbeats of Lily's and proclaims them perfect as well, and then finally, he listens to my concerns or questions. The entire process lasts about 10 minutes, depending on how many questions I have. Pretty standard stuff, really.
My mom and sister came with me today since they are on vacation (lucky ladies!). My mom kept taking pictures of the appointment (me walking across the lobby and then one of me getting my blood pressure taken). It was super-embarassing, thanks mom!
I thought that today, I would go ahead and note my current weight (since every time I weigh in I feel like punching that stupid scale). I am currently up to 172 lbs. Yes, thats a weight gain of 44 lbs so far. No wonder its getting so hard to roll over in bed now! I would like to blame Thanksgiving and Christmas for at least 10 of those pounds and maybe 10 more on water retention. I'm enjoying my fantasty, just let me live it.
I started sorting baby laundry last night. It was really a monumental task. I received a LOT of hand-me-downs (some still with tags) from my friends Heather and Eve. I honestly think I could clothe an entire small country of 0-6 month olds! I feel very blessed and I will have one stylish baby girl because her wardrobe is humungous! She even has at least 15 pairs of size 1 shoes and about 2 dozen little hats. So, if anyone wants to bring clothes as baby shower gifts, please try to buy older baby clothes (anywhere from 6 to 24 months).
I have one more doctor appointment in 2 weeks and then I start going weekly after that. We have about 6 1/2 weeks to go before my due date...aaahhh!!!
My mom and sister came with me today since they are on vacation (lucky ladies!). My mom kept taking pictures of the appointment (me walking across the lobby and then one of me getting my blood pressure taken). It was super-embarassing, thanks mom!
I thought that today, I would go ahead and note my current weight (since every time I weigh in I feel like punching that stupid scale). I am currently up to 172 lbs. Yes, thats a weight gain of 44 lbs so far. No wonder its getting so hard to roll over in bed now! I would like to blame Thanksgiving and Christmas for at least 10 of those pounds and maybe 10 more on water retention. I'm enjoying my fantasty, just let me live it.
I started sorting baby laundry last night. It was really a monumental task. I received a LOT of hand-me-downs (some still with tags) from my friends Heather and Eve. I honestly think I could clothe an entire small country of 0-6 month olds! I feel very blessed and I will have one stylish baby girl because her wardrobe is humungous! She even has at least 15 pairs of size 1 shoes and about 2 dozen little hats. So, if anyone wants to bring clothes as baby shower gifts, please try to buy older baby clothes (anywhere from 6 to 24 months).
I have one more doctor appointment in 2 weeks and then I start going weekly after that. We have about 6 1/2 weeks to go before my due date...aaahhh!!!
2 Comments:
At Thu Dec 29, 07:39:00 AM 2005,
Leslie said…
You described prenatal visits perfectly. I think I spent more time trying to pee in their stupid little cups then I actually spent with the doctor. But pretty soon, they will start checking you internally and that's pretty exciting. That's when I found out Sam was butt first!
At Fri Dec 30, 01:38:00 PM 2005,
Anonymous said…
Oh Leslie, don't even get me started on peeing in a cup! I used to be quite talented at it...but when you can't reach and your body is suddenly controlled by a little alien, things can change!
Post a Comment
<< Home