Monday, January 30, 2006

38 Weeks!

Well, since I'm still here, you can probably guess that last night's lunar activity had no sway on my child whatsoever. She is still content to stretch mommy's skin to its absolute breaking point, to manuever her tiny limbs into the most uncomfortable places, and to oscillate wildly for hours on end to my bladder's great despair. Ahh, the joys of pregnancy!

This weekend, I worked on "nesting." With a little help from Devin and my mom, I accomplished many tasks around my house:
  • unpacked, washed, and organized all baby shower items
  • disinfected the crib and baby mattress
  • washed and assembled the baby bedding
  • folded and put away all newly-washed clothes
  • washed and lined all drawers and kitchen cabinets within my reach
  • washed and folded what felt like a billion loads of laundry
  • cleaned the bathtub (and the shower curtain!)
  • washed the sheets and blankets on our bed and the bed in the baby's room (we have a full size bed in there next to the crib)
  • started (sorry, I've been a HUGE slacker) on my Thank You cards
  • went car shopping with Devin in search of a vehicle that is actually safe to drive an infant around in (we're seriously considering a 1999 VW Jetta!)

So, all in all, a pretty productive weekend to say the least. I still have a lot on my "to-do" list, but I can exhale a little bit knowing that I have a lot done. They say a woman goes into a "nesting" fury about a week before she delivers. That would work out really well, seeing as how this is my last week of work as well.

Also, just wanted to note that I have done a little work to my Photo Album and Calendar links, so please feel free to check those out. There are a lot of pictures in the Photo Album that are not in this blog and I just received some new ones from my baby shower (thanks Jen!) and they have been posted. I think you can click on "comments" underneath each shot to write something, if you want.

I have my 38 week OB appointment tomorrow morning, so we shall see if anything has changed yet. Last week, I tried to bribe the Dr into scheduling my induction, but I guess my $50 just wasn't enough! This week, I might double my offer....

2 Comments:

  • At Mon Jan 30, 07:52:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow- I wish I could be that motivated and productive. If you get done nesting there and want to come over here- feel free :)
    I love you and can't wait to see you and Lily.

     
  • At Thu Feb 02, 01:28:00 PM 2006, Blogger Rachel said…

    Just a note. If you want to buy a VW may I suggest the dealer on South Blvd. My brother sells there. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home