35 Weeks...the nuttiness continues!

I feel like the character Violet in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory who continues to blow up until she is swollen to her maximum. Although I'm not a giant blueberry yet, there's really no telling what I will look like when all this is over! My belly has already changed so much since Christmas, I'm just a big ole round thing now! Sleeping is still no fun (it takes at least 2 minutes to change position) and simply moving takes great effort, but I have a feeling that in the next few weeks, I will look back fondly on these times as I will soon be in excrutiating agony. I guess we'll have to wait and see!
So, my one big accomplishment of this weekend was picking out my stroller.
Its really funny, but my friend Mary's blog is on the same topic today. It looks like we both has stroller woes. I enlisted the help of my trusty friend Kasei (who, after 4 kids, is a wealth of knowledge) and Devin (who was more than happy to chase around Babies R Us with a camera) and of course, my mom. Together, we snapped, collapsed, and compared almost every stroller there. Most of them were very boyish looking and the unisex ones were difficult for me to carry or manuever. Go figure! Devin actually asked the salesgirl if they had one that was Pink (isn't that cute?). So, from the depths of 2 aisles over came the cutest pink gingham stroller. I was able to take it apart, lift it, and snap the carrier in and out without problem. It gained my mom's and kasei's approval and Devin said he liked the color scheme (who knew pink gingham was his thing?).Things are really starting to come together. The nursery is almost done, my babyshower is next weekend (don't forget to RSVP!), and the house is getting reorganized slowly but surely. Soon, I will start seeing my OB weekly and getting checked internally for all the fun stuff like dilation and effacement and God knows what else. I still cannot grasp the concept that not too long from now, I will have a little baby in my arms. For now, I am content just to have her ravaging my insides!
2 Comments:
At Mon Jan 09, 12:02:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
Lora, you are getting SO CLOSE! Just look at your ticker.
Wasn't shopping at Babies R Us fun? I swear, I can go in there with just one thing I need and I come out with about a dozen. I love that Devin asked for a pink stroller. I bet he's also excited his little princess will be here soon.
At Wed Jan 11, 08:24:00 AM 2006,
Anonymous said…
gosh, you are an amazing pregnant lady.
Post a Comment
<< Home