Thursday, January 05, 2006

My Poor Baby!

I have to tell this story because my heart almost broke yesterday! We had lunch brought into a meeting at work and the delivery man was opening the large sandwich trays very loudly. At one point, it made a loud pop and my tiny little Lily jumped a MILE! I felt so bad for her, poor thing, she was scared. I rubbed my tummy (on presumably her back...but who knows?) to comfort her.

Now, of course, my ever-logical Devin says: "That's great! It means she has fast reflexes!" to which I promptly replied, "I'm super-happy she's not deaf, but my heart is broken knowing she was scared."

The funny thing was, I was actually mad at the delivery guy, feeling very protective of my baby. I couldn't wait for him to finish his job and get the heck outta there! If I am this sensitive to people upsetting my baby NOW, can you imagine what a psychotic mommy I'll be? I feel for those kids who might tease her on the playground, they are in for it!

Also, I'd like to note that I think I'm running out of room in this body. I am tempted to move out and let her have it all to herself! Apparently, she needs the room, as she has attempted to relocate all of my vital organs.

3 Comments:

  • At Thu Jan 05, 12:53:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lora,
    It will be OK. Lily will make more room. You'll soon find that you cannot protect Lily from everything and everybody. It's part of growing and learning. Always count to 10 before you load the shotgun. Also, Devin will overreact enough for both of you.
    DaD

     
  • At Thu Jan 05, 06:18:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Devin will be an outstanding Daddy. He will show there is a difference between a father and a sperm bank.

     
  • At Fri Jan 06, 01:45:00 PM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Poor Lily! But if it's any consolation, you are definitely going to be a better mommy than me. I used to love feeling Sam jump inside me. Ask Eliza how I would grab my belly and shake it to get him going.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home