Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

Well, 2006 sure started out with a quiet, muffled, exceptionally-soft Bang for the Denton/Thompson household!

Devin's birthday is New Year's Eve (he's 32!), so this year we went to Tin Tin Asian Buffet for lunch with my mom and my sister. It was a really nice way to celebrate his big day and, of course, fill my tummy at the same time!

Then, my friend Kasei and I donated some baby clothes we had sorted (Devin took a pic of us while we were sorting and we both look like deer in headlights) to a women's center called Cascades. People have been so generous to me thus far and I knew there were some clothes I simply could not use, so I passed them on to people who'd truly appreciate them. It felt really good to do that and it was a great way to start off 2006.

All in all, it was a pretty low-key day, spent with friends and loved ones. At the stroke of midnight, we were actually in the car driving, so Devin made sure to give me a cheek-kiss! Instead of the radio playing Auld Lang Syne, they played "Wild Thing" by Ton Loc...that really does sum up my year!



Our one New Year's picture was taken as an afterthought, just of me and Kasei. I wanted to have a belly shot to add to my collection. Devin took the picture and his foot is featured at the bottom. Since we are all old ladies and an even older man, we were done for shortly after midnight!

Then the funniest/most aggravating thing happened: Devin and I were settling into bed when it collapsed! The frame (on his side, so no fat pregnant jokes!) bent and down the mattress went. Needless to say, it was too much to fix at 1 AM, so we ended up sleeping in the guest room and my little handyman is in there fixing the bed frame as I type this.

This is the most updated picture of the nursery for now. I know its hard to see, but Devin did the window treatments himself...whatta man! In the bottom left hand corner of the picture, you can see a little basket full of tiny baby shoes!

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home