37 Week Appt Update
Today I went for my 37 week appointment to the OB. This was the first time I was checked "internally" and the Doctor told me that I am 1 cm dialated! I jokingly asked if we could go ahead to Presbyterian and deliver now, but alas, he said no :(
Other than that, I guess things are pretty normal. All the swelling I've been experiencing lately (with my tree trunk legs and my vienna sausage toes) is apparently just par for the course because my blood pressure (110/60) and my urine (no protein or sugars) are normal. I will just have to look like the marshmallow man for a few more weeks, I guess.
One more thing to note: my weight is up to 179. Two weeks ago it was 178. While this is still WAY out of my "normal" weight gain range, this is good news. Lily is supposely gaining 1/2 lb per week at this point, so all my weight gain has been strictly hers.
I also made a disturbing discovery this morning: I have developed stretch marks on my stomach! So far, they are small and whitish, unlike the big red gashes on my rear-end, but I fear that they are simply preparing to invade...waiting for the opportunity to mar my body with scars that will last a lifetime. I have been defeated.
Right now, I'm in the middle of a particularly strong Braxton Hicks contraction...this one even cramps my legs! I am willing to put up with this discomfort because I tell myself that each contraction could be getting my body more ready to get this kid outta me!
I'm at that wierd cusp where I'm ready to NOT be pregnant anymore, but not quite ready to be someone's mother. It all sounds so darn scary! I just have to trust that God and nature have a plan...because I'm freaking out! haha!
Only 8 more days of work left until I start my maternity leave! February 3rd is my last day!!!!
Other than that, I guess things are pretty normal. All the swelling I've been experiencing lately (with my tree trunk legs and my vienna sausage toes) is apparently just par for the course because my blood pressure (110/60) and my urine (no protein or sugars) are normal. I will just have to look like the marshmallow man for a few more weeks, I guess.
One more thing to note: my weight is up to 179. Two weeks ago it was 178. While this is still WAY out of my "normal" weight gain range, this is good news. Lily is supposely gaining 1/2 lb per week at this point, so all my weight gain has been strictly hers.
I also made a disturbing discovery this morning: I have developed stretch marks on my stomach! So far, they are small and whitish, unlike the big red gashes on my rear-end, but I fear that they are simply preparing to invade...waiting for the opportunity to mar my body with scars that will last a lifetime. I have been defeated.
Right now, I'm in the middle of a particularly strong Braxton Hicks contraction...this one even cramps my legs! I am willing to put up with this discomfort because I tell myself that each contraction could be getting my body more ready to get this kid outta me!
I'm at that wierd cusp where I'm ready to NOT be pregnant anymore, but not quite ready to be someone's mother. It all sounds so darn scary! I just have to trust that God and nature have a plan...because I'm freaking out! haha!
Only 8 more days of work left until I start my maternity leave! February 3rd is my last day!!!!
2 Comments:
At Thu Jan 26, 09:36:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Hi Baby,
It is almost time. I am so happy for you and so proud of both (all 3) of you. I can't wait to see the new addition to your family. Sorry I have been out of touch- will talk to you soon.
Love you,
Neva
At Fri Jan 27, 10:21:00 AM 2006,
Anonymous said…
I'm so excited!! I can't wait to see that little girl! Let me know what you didn't get for your shower so I can go shopping!! Love you babe, hang in there!
Post a Comment
<< Home