The Best Baby Shower EVER!
- I look a lot bigger in photos that I actually feel in real life...
- I need to learn how to operate my camera because I had it on the wrong setting and ruined almost every picture (Luckily, my mom got a few!)
- Whether or not I feel like I deserve their love and generosity, there are a lot of amazing people in this world who love me
I LOVED my Baby Shower! My Aunt Linda hosted it and prepared an elaborate spread of food, my friends Andrea & Kasei planned the decor & games, and my mom brought the most beautiful cake I've ever seen. I still cannot believe that approximately 20 people showed up! That knocked my socks off! It was so wonderful to have people from all different parts of my life in the same place to celebrate with me. It was overwhelming!
I've been through some extrememly rough patches in my life, some that cost me more than I thought possible to lose. I am truly blessed that there was a rainbow after the storm for me (and Devin). Now, I have more love, serenity, and blessings than I could possibly imagine! I feel like I have to pinch myself (but then Lily kicks me really hard in the bladder, which I figure is just as convincing).
Thank you to everyone who came and everyone who couldn't make it, but sent their best wishes. This baby has a host of people who love her and that makes me so happy! Here are some pictures from the party (and I'll write more details from the actual party later on, when I have more time):
My Lovely Cake! (When I brought it home, Devin thought the little booties were boobs...do boys ever think of anything else?)
Group Shot (from left): Caiti Ohara, Kristy Michue, Jen Guthrie, Leah Reed, Me, Neva Romahn, Heather Alexander, Leslie Netta's beautiful backside, and my sister Melissa's head.
My Diaper Cake! A killer gift from the Senior Women! This thing is way too pretty to take apart!
Our youngest guest, Miss Pheonix, looks a little sleepy...
The goofiest girls I know: Erica and Meagan! Also, I had no idea that the tie-dye swirly on my shirt would accentuate my belly so darn much!




3 Comments:
At Mon Jan 16, 04:33:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Hey, here's something fun to think about. So you are 36 weeks now, but next week you'll be term! My original due date was Sept. 29 2005, and I had my C section planned for Sept. 22, but my water actually broke on it's own on Sept. 13 and I started to go into labor. And I would have progressed to full blown labor had they not went ahead with the section then. So anyway, I was 37 and a half weeks. You could go at anytime now really! Exciting, huh? What hospital are you delivering at btw?
At Mon Jan 16, 06:14:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
Lora, I am so glad you had a wonderful shower. You, Lily, and Devin certainly deserve it. It was such a special day. I can't wait to see Lily in those adorable outfits!
And thank you for showing that back side of mine. Sigh.
At Mon Jan 16, 07:42:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
We all had a great time too at your shower! Your aunt and friends hosted a lovely party, thank you! Hope you are having fun putting your new stuff in the nursery!
Post a Comment
<< Home