Getting Close...and getting UNCOMFORTABLE!
I know I said my next post would be more on the baby shower, but I have to note how I've been feeling lately, you know, for posterity. Right now, posterity is kicking me in the bladder, among other places. Something changed this week, I think she dropped because my belly button if facing the ground now, instead of straight out. Also, the uncontrollable urge to pee every five minutes (with varying results) is taking over my life.
This discomfort started the day after my shower and even my mood has changed. I get stressed out really easily now, so I've been alternately yelling or crying all week over some little (and not-so-little) things. For instance, Devin used my toothbrush (he thought it was one of his old ones) to polish his boots last night. If I'd had the energy, I might have strangled him with my bare hands. Also, my car is messed up and the shop is telling me it will cost $750 to fix. Super!
I honestly don't know how I will make it for another month. I feel nauseous, achy, heavy, tired, grumpy, and yucky all at once. Also, the backaches from hell have begun, so sitting at my desk all day has become hardly bearable. Its hard for me to complain because I don't want to be ungrateful, but my poor body is just taking a beating! I'm sure glad there is a light at the end of this tunnel and I hope that Lily comes on time and is a healthy girl. And by 'on time', I mean TOMORROW!
This discomfort started the day after my shower and even my mood has changed. I get stressed out really easily now, so I've been alternately yelling or crying all week over some little (and not-so-little) things. For instance, Devin used my toothbrush (he thought it was one of his old ones) to polish his boots last night. If I'd had the energy, I might have strangled him with my bare hands. Also, my car is messed up and the shop is telling me it will cost $750 to fix. Super!
I honestly don't know how I will make it for another month. I feel nauseous, achy, heavy, tired, grumpy, and yucky all at once. Also, the backaches from hell have begun, so sitting at my desk all day has become hardly bearable. Its hard for me to complain because I don't want to be ungrateful, but my poor body is just taking a beating! I'm sure glad there is a light at the end of this tunnel and I hope that Lily comes on time and is a healthy girl. And by 'on time', I mean TOMORROW!
4 Comments:
At Wed Jan 18, 06:47:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Hang in there my Lora, it all will be worse it.
Yet I wish I could help you a little with your discomfort, you looked so strained and ready last night. I love you
MoM
At Thu Jan 19, 08:48:00 AM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Thanks, Mom. I know you meant "worth it" but at this point, it sounds like a Freundian slip!
At Thu Jan 19, 01:24:00 PM 2006,
Rachel said…
Don't worry sweetie--time will fly. And this is all preparing you for motherhood. Enjoy these last few weeks of just being with Devin. It won't be long and you will have that sweet little girl in your arms. I'm sorry again I didn't make the shower. It looks like it was a great time.
love ya
At Thu Jan 19, 02:33:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Well, I was all set to leave you my words of wisdom but it seems that Rachel (thepittmans) eloquently said everything I wanted to say. How very soothing. So let's see, what else to say...this may be Lily's last tropical vacation for a while, so let her hang out and enjoy herself! I mean really, its a warm 98 degrees in there, she can sleep and relax all day, she dances when music comes on, etc. Sounds like the life. I wouldn't want to come out either. ;) Now that wasn't nearly as soothing as what Rachel said. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home