Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Big News!!!

This morning, I had my 38 week OB appt (I am officially 38 weeks and 3 days pregnant today). So, here's the update: I am now about 1.5 cm dialated (he never mentions effacement or anything, it drives me nuts!). Also, my weight is 179.5, half a pound up from last week.

Now, for the biggest news:
Dr Morris said to make my 39 week appointment for next Monday and then we will schedule an induction date! So, more than likely, Miss Lily will be born one day next week!!!!!!

Now that my skin is stretching at an alarming rate, my contractions are getting a bit too uncomfortable and all the baby stuff is clean and ready, I figure, why wait for nature? Plus, if I schedule, then my family and friends can schedule as well. I will post as soon as I know when the big day will be!

Here are some pics I took of myself last night:


And here is a new updated look at the nursery (well, one corner of it anyway). I will try to make more pictures of the whole room sometime soon.

6 Comments:

  • At Tue Jan 31, 03:12:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    holy crap! I'm so excited! By the way, my plane lands at 10am in Charlotte on Feb. 10th. I'll be down until the 23rd. I'm glad I won't miss it, I was really worried!

     
  • At Tue Jan 31, 09:49:00 PM 2006, Blogger M said…

    oh dear, you giving birth means I am closer. That is very scary to me. So what is your plan... natural? epi? c-section? Give us the details (ok, not all of them, but your general wishes).

    Also- will you be taking visitors at the hospital? Some women do, some don't. Let us know.

    Next week, really?

     
  • At Wed Feb 01, 05:29:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so excited! Though I'm thousands of miles away, gee. Keep your german family updated!

     
  • At Wed Feb 01, 09:27:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go for the Epi!! Just make sure to drink lots of water until you go into labor, once I got there, they wouldn't let me drink anything and with all the meds and 24 hours later, I got really dehydrated and a temp of 103, that is what caused Topher to be in ICU for a week! (risk of infection due to fever when delivered)

     
  • At Wed Feb 01, 12:34:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yay, im ready phor the baby! im so excited!
    lol,btw, that mirror picture, so myspace :P lol.you know it's true.

     
  • At Wed Feb 01, 02:45:00 PM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    I really thought Jan. 27 was going to be the day! Oh, well. That is awesome they are going to schedule your induction next week! I am so excited for you!

    Now, I second Mary's question. Visitors? Yay or nay? I was in the stinking hospital for four freaking days after my c-section, and visiors kept me sane!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home