And The Big Day Will Be....
VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today I went to the DMV to get all my new car-stuff taken care of -- which by the way, drained every cent I had -- and then went on to the dentist for some fillings (oh joy). My OB finally called during my appointment, but I didn't hear my phone ringing over the loud drilling, so I didn't get to speak with him in person. When I checked my voicemail, the message said that I should come in for a regular OB appointment on Monday and they had scheduled my induction for Tuesday, February 14th, at 7 am!
Talk about things coming full circle! There are many reasons why this date is absolutely perfect:
1 - I was born on my Mom's birthday and Devin was born on New Year's Eve, so it seems only right that our daughter should have a special birthday too!
2 - This gives me a week to prepare mentally and emotionally and rest up for the big event! And some extra quality time with Devin before both of our lives change drastically.
3 - This is the most significant: Exactly a year ago, I was having girl problems and I hadn't had a menstrual cycle in almost 2 straight years. I was convinced I would never be a mother and I was heartbroken about it. My best friend Heather had her baby girl, Pheonix, on Valentine's Day 2005 and I went to visit her when she was just hours old. I remember tearing up while looking at her precious baby face and feeling so empty that I would never hold a child of my own. The next morning, while at work, I got my period. I remember thanking God immediatly and feeling so blessed that my body was functioning again. Every month after that, things worked like clockwork and 3 months later, I was pregnant! Funny how life works sometimes, huh?
Sorry, if that was too much information, I'm just feeling so grateful for my life today and I wanted to share my gratitude with everyone. In exactly one week, I will probably be in labor and will have forgotten about gratitude or any other happy thoughts -- which is why I am storing them up now!
4 Comments:
At Tue Feb 07, 06:00:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
WOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO! FABULOUS! Not only do you have a day for induction, but it's an awesome day! How wonderful is that?? The only girl of the bunch will be born on Valentine's Day. That is so sweet! I am SO excited for you. Doesn't that make it more real? Are you super excited? I KNOW I AM!
At Wed Feb 08, 09:32:00 AM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Yay!!!!!! OH I am so excited!! I have been thinking about you non-stop, wondering each morning if today was going to be the big day. Now she is going to be a love baby!
At Wed Feb 08, 11:21:00 AM 2006,
Rachel said…
YAY!!!! Another Love Baby, like Caiti. That is so exciting. God works everything out for the best. Now it will be such a special day for you for more than one reason. I think that is so wonderful how God answer's prayers--and He isn't affraid to pull a little 'wink' (what I like to refer to those times when we are thinking something will never happen and he knows it won't be long) on us every now and then. Just think, last V-day all you could think was that would never be you, and just one short year later you will be giving birth. I will be praying for you each day until and especially the day of. Oh yeah, my advice for an induction, eat something real good before. I don't know if you can eat that morning so if not, enjoy your dinner the night before. I was so nervous about going in and I couldn't eat dinner. Little did I know that I couldn't eat solids for 24 hours after the surgery. I was starving!!! Whew this turned into a book, sorry about that. :)
At Thu Feb 09, 01:50:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Valentine's Day is such a wonderful day for a girl's birthday!! That's so exciting!! Now your job, if you really want Lily to have a VDay birthday, is to totally get your rest and keep off of your feet. Physical activity provokes labor ya know. I know it would be tempting for her to come sooner (so your pregnancy will be over sooner), but if I were you I would just do everything I could to hang in there so Lily can have that Valentine's birthday. What are a few more days of pregnancy compared to a lifetime of Lily having such a cool birthday?
But even so, you *do* have your bags packed, the car full of gas & the car seat properly installed in the car, right? *wink wink*
Post a Comment
<< Home