The Anticipation is Killing Me~!
So, today was a fun day, but my mind is all over the place right now. Hmm, where to start. Ok, first I spent most of the day with my friend Heather getting beautified. We dyed my hair, did my make-up, and took lots of pregnancy photos.

So, the big news, I guess is that there really hasn't been a decision made yet about Lily's birthday. I had my doctor appointment and apparently, while my cervix is a little more effaced (again, he didn't tell me a percentage), I am still dialated only 1.5 cm. I asked if his offer to induce was still good and he looked at his chart for days to do so. Here are my options:
1) TOMORROW - Holy crap, I don't think I'm THAT ready, ya know?! But that is the only day he is on call this week. He said that since my cervix isn't super-favorable for induction, that this raises my chances of having to have a c-section.
2) Next Monday - Which is the next day he is on call at the hospital. This is 2 days after my due date, which will make the wait excrutiating, I think.
3) Thursday/Friday - This is my preference and he said he will check his schedule to see if he can accomodate this.
He is supposed to call me back, presumably today, to make the final decision. I am giving him about 20 more minutes to call me and then I will call to harass him before he leaves for today. This was too big of a decision for me to just make in the office. I wanted to consult my mom and Devin before agreeing to tomorrow. A BIG part of me wants to do it tomorrow and Devin thinks its a good idea too. I just hate the idea of playing God in this. I don't want to force something like this, just because I am uncomfortable being pregnant. I will spend the next 20 minutes, praying that God will send me some kind of a sign with the right decision. I will let you know how it turns out....stay tuned!

So, the big news, I guess is that there really hasn't been a decision made yet about Lily's birthday. I had my doctor appointment and apparently, while my cervix is a little more effaced (again, he didn't tell me a percentage), I am still dialated only 1.5 cm. I asked if his offer to induce was still good and he looked at his chart for days to do so. Here are my options:
1) TOMORROW - Holy crap, I don't think I'm THAT ready, ya know?! But that is the only day he is on call this week. He said that since my cervix isn't super-favorable for induction, that this raises my chances of having to have a c-section.
2) Next Monday - Which is the next day he is on call at the hospital. This is 2 days after my due date, which will make the wait excrutiating, I think.
3) Thursday/Friday - This is my preference and he said he will check his schedule to see if he can accomodate this.
He is supposed to call me back, presumably today, to make the final decision. I am giving him about 20 more minutes to call me and then I will call to harass him before he leaves for today. This was too big of a decision for me to just make in the office. I wanted to consult my mom and Devin before agreeing to tomorrow. A BIG part of me wants to do it tomorrow and Devin thinks its a good idea too. I just hate the idea of playing God in this. I don't want to force something like this, just because I am uncomfortable being pregnant. I will spend the next 20 minutes, praying that God will send me some kind of a sign with the right decision. I will let you know how it turns out....stay tuned!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home