Monday, February 06, 2006

No Baby? Just buy a car!

Ok, so sometimes the answer you pray for is not always the one you necessarily want. I was planning on call the Doctor's office before 5 pm, but something else came up that distracted me. Devin called at 4:45 and told me to run to the bank to withdraw $1000 to buy a car. We'd been looking at a Nissan Altima and I guess he'd finally decided to go ahead and get it. So, instead of obsessing about whether to doctor was going to call and whether I should induce tomorrow, I was furiously trying to make it to the bank on time.

I guess God made my choice for me, because if Lily was supposed to be born tomorrow, I honestly think the opportunity would've presented itself. Instead, I will have to wait for the doctor to call me and find out when exactly he can get me in for an induction. One thing I have learned from life over the past few years, is that I cannot control everything and that some of my best decision-making got me into trouble, so if I leave things up to God, they will turn out the way they are supposed to.

I will continue to pray for a healthy delivery, a healthy baby, and the patience to simply enjoy these last days of my pregnancy. Also, I guess I have enough to do this week, what with buying a new car and all!

2 Comments:

  • At Mon Feb 06, 08:11:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Baby,
    you look so beautiful in the photos (and in person of course- both inside and out). I think the car thing happened for a reason. Maybe Lily just isn't quite ready. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you and she will come when the time is right- or whenever she feels like it:)
    Love you

     
  • At Tue Feb 07, 07:49:00 AM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    I second Neva (hi, Neva!). You look gorgeous in those photos. I'm so impressed. At 39 weeks I was so haggard and ready to give birth. You look as fresh as a daisy!

    There was a good reason Lily was not supposed to be born today. She is probably doing some last minute weight-gaining or something. :) Has the doctor estimated how big she is going to be?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home