Friday, February 10, 2006

Due Date!

Wow! I am looking at my ticker and tomorrow is my due date. I have told Lily that she could come any time she wanted because all of her stuff is ready, but I think she is like me...stay warm and comfy until someone drags you out. This is how I feel about my bed.

Speaking of bed, I spent a LOT of time in and out of mine last night. Luckily, Devin is a heavy sleeper and didn't wake up for most of my various excursions. First off, the heartburn from hell attacked me last night...hourly. Yes, I woke every hour for 5 straight hours just to take a tums and try to go back to sleep. Then comes the stuffy nose (I think its from the cold air because we turn the heat down at night), so I'd wake up unable to breath. Of course, there's the dehydration to top all that off, so I had to hike twice to the kitchen for water refills. Lastly, there's the many trips to the bathroom. All in all, it was a very unsettling night. At around 3-ish, I decided to give up and watch TV for a while. Not even MSNBC could lull me back to sleep, and that's saying something. I finally drifted off somewhere around 5 AM, only to be woken back up at 5:30 by Devin's alarm. One more time, I fell asleep...for about 5 minutes and then my mom called. I have decided to just stop trying for a while and try to nap this afternoon....wish me luck!

Today, I am picking up Devin's sister, Deanna, from the airport. I luvvvv the airport, I have no idea why. Plus, I'm so looking forward to her visit! Unfortunately, I am too exhausted to do any of my planned housecleaning before her arrival. I just do not have the energy after that kind of night. That is pretty darn bad. I have a feeling that I am only just beginning to know the true meaning of exhaustion, huh?

Well, we have only a few days left before V-Day and I still am kind of in denial. Having a baby is SO hard to imagine, I honestly can't even think about it without my stomach feeling all tied up in knots. My life is about to change in ways I cannot even imagine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home