Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Final Countdown!

So, today my ticker says "I'm overdue or have given birth!" For so long, the date of February 11th was my end-goal and now that I'm here, it doesn't actually feel any different from the last two weeks. I guess because we have the Valentine's Day induction set up, I can rest a little easier.

Well, I would be able to rest easier but...the cold from Hell has invaded again! Last night was almost a repeat performance of the night before, only instead of heartburn waking me, it was a very very very sore throat. I finally got up at 3 AM to gargle salt water, which coincidentally made me vomit. It did, however, make my throat feel better. I had to wake up twice more to gargle again. It worked SO much better than any losenges we had in the house, it just sucked climbing in and out of bed for that.

Let's hope Lily stays put today and decides not to heed her scheduled due date. I wouldn't want her to have to meet a sick and sniffly mommy!

Devin did the absolute cutest and sweetest thing last night. He came home with a doll he bought for Lily. Its a stuffed Precious Moments Angel Doll and when you squeeze her, she says the "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep..." prayer. He said when he saw it, he almost cried and knew he had to get it for her. I am going to pack it in her baby bag today, so that it can go with us to the hospital.

Well, I guess that's it for today. I'm going to take it very easy and try to focus on getting better. Keep your fingers crossed that I feel better before Lily comes!

1 Comments:

  • At Sun Feb 12, 10:20:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Baby,
    Glad to hear that you are still hanging in there. Hopefully you will be feeling better by the time you become a Mommy! Plans changed this weekend so I am in Charlotte. If you need anything please let me know. I already warned Scott that we may be hanging out at the hospital on Valentines day- He was thrilled;)
    Have a good day and rest up- Feel better! Love you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home