GUESS WHAT???!!!!
Ok, so I have BIG news:
Last night, I started having really intense contractions. Its funny, but I actually had them in my dreams and then I'd wake up and wonder if they were real or not. Well, this morning, they kept coming. So, I ate breakfast and took a shower to see if they were real or not (Braxton Hicks will go away with drinking water or walking), but nope, they kept on.
Devin's mom came with me to my final OB appointment at 10:45 this morning. Dr Morris said that I had progressed to (a measly) 2 cm and that to wait to go to Labor & Delivery until my contractions come every 5 minutes for an hour or so. At that point, they were coming regularly around every 10 to 15 minutes (actually, they still are). Also, he suggested that instead of waiting until tomorrow morning to come in to start the induction, that we start tonight instead!!!!
So, at 7 PM tonight, I am checking into Presbyterian Hospital and getting Cervadil, which is a medication that can start contractions and soften the cervix more. Its pretty mild, but combined with my current contractions, it might just do the trick. If not, I will be getting Pitocin tomorrow morning. I called Devin and told him to pack his bags, he is sleeping on the hospital couch tonight!
The Dr also felt the outside of my belly and said that he thinks Lily could be around 8 lbs! Devin and I were both big babies, so I kind of expected this...but the thought of pushing an 8 lb baby out of my body is absolutely terrifying!
I have made it my personal goal to eat everything in sight today, before I have to go to the hospital. Hopefully, it'll get me through the next few days, but we'll see!
My cold is not much better, unfortunately, but Dr Morris didn't seem too concerned about it. I guess I'm not the first congested lady to give birth.
Ok, well I will try to post again before we leave tonight, but I may not get to. I will be texting Eliza or Leslie to update the blog for me as soon as Lily arrives and they can share my preference on visitors and all the important info! I still can't believe this is all starting today! Everyone, please keep us in your prayers that everything goes smoothly and Miss Lily comes into the world safely!
Last night, I started having really intense contractions. Its funny, but I actually had them in my dreams and then I'd wake up and wonder if they were real or not. Well, this morning, they kept coming. So, I ate breakfast and took a shower to see if they were real or not (Braxton Hicks will go away with drinking water or walking), but nope, they kept on.
Devin's mom came with me to my final OB appointment at 10:45 this morning. Dr Morris said that I had progressed to (a measly) 2 cm and that to wait to go to Labor & Delivery until my contractions come every 5 minutes for an hour or so. At that point, they were coming regularly around every 10 to 15 minutes (actually, they still are). Also, he suggested that instead of waiting until tomorrow morning to come in to start the induction, that we start tonight instead!!!!
So, at 7 PM tonight, I am checking into Presbyterian Hospital and getting Cervadil, which is a medication that can start contractions and soften the cervix more. Its pretty mild, but combined with my current contractions, it might just do the trick. If not, I will be getting Pitocin tomorrow morning. I called Devin and told him to pack his bags, he is sleeping on the hospital couch tonight!
The Dr also felt the outside of my belly and said that he thinks Lily could be around 8 lbs! Devin and I were both big babies, so I kind of expected this...but the thought of pushing an 8 lb baby out of my body is absolutely terrifying!
I have made it my personal goal to eat everything in sight today, before I have to go to the hospital. Hopefully, it'll get me through the next few days, but we'll see!
My cold is not much better, unfortunately, but Dr Morris didn't seem too concerned about it. I guess I'm not the first congested lady to give birth.
Ok, well I will try to post again before we leave tonight, but I may not get to. I will be texting Eliza or Leslie to update the blog for me as soon as Lily arrives and they can share my preference on visitors and all the important info! I still can't believe this is all starting today! Everyone, please keep us in your prayers that everything goes smoothly and Miss Lily comes into the world safely!
6 Comments:
At Mon Feb 13, 01:32:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
WOOOHOOOOOO!!!! GOOD LUCK TONIGHT!!!!
At Mon Feb 13, 01:39:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
OH MY GOSH! HOW EXCITING!!! We will see you soon, Lily!
At Mon Feb 13, 03:30:00 PM 2006,
M said…
It's that full moon Lora- Lily knows the right time to come!!! Good luck tonight! I will be thinking about you guys and checking your blog every ten minutes for news.
By the way, does Mr. Dad know that just because you are in L&D on Valentine's Day doesn't mean he gets to skimp on the flowers, chocolates, and card? You might want to fill him in so that you don't rip his arm off mid way through a contraction wondering when your valentine's day gifts are arriving. Just a thought!
See you soon little Lily!!!!!
At Mon Feb 13, 06:26:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
I am sooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!! I will keep a check on the Blog and be there after work tomorrow. I can't wait to meet Lily. I love you and know that you and Lily will do great (Devin too)
Love you,
Neva
At Tue Feb 14, 04:00:00 AM 2006,
Anonymous said…
woohooo
is she here yet ? :)
At Tue Feb 14, 08:36:00 AM 2006,
M said…
First thought in my head this morning was...
Lily?
Is she here yet? We need an update even if you are still in labor! Eliza - Update us!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home